- Pure Blue Surf Academy- Welcome to Pure Blue Surf Academy Cornwall. Based between Porthtowan and St. Agnes Beaches in mid Cornwall since 2004. Pure Blue Surf Academy delivers professional surf tuition for locals and tourists, it is proud to be developing the grass roots of surfing within the local community.
Pure Blue Surf Academy was founded by Cornwall’s own Dominique Kent.
Her trophy cabinet includes such accolades as;
4x British Longboard Champion, New Zealand Longboard Champion, plus numerous other local national wins.
- Tris Surf Shop- Happy and laid back surfer style service.Tris Surf Shop, Porthtowan, opened it’s doors in the early 1970s and is still going strong some forty years later.We are a hardcore surf shop where the ethos is still driven by a passion for surfing, the ocean, and the lifestyle that rolls out with it. A far cry from the commercial surf retailer of the high street we take pride in passing our homegrown knowledge on to the customer and providing quality surfing essentials to those that need them. Blue Flag Sponsor
- Porthtowan Surf School-We provide the experience, expertise and enthusiasm to ensure that you and your family have the time of your lives, safe in the knowledge that our fully qualified and expert staff will get you cruising on clean Atlantic waves and feeling the rush that only surfing can bring! At Falmouth / Porthtowan Surf School, we provide transport to wherever the best waves are and all equipment including wetsuits and boards. Your first surf can change your life forever. It’s hard to believe anything this fun can be healthy!
- Otter Surfboards –At Otter Surfboards we handcraft hollow wooden surfboards, bellyboards and bodysurfing handplanes from locally sourced timber– the products of the shared passions of surfing and fine woodworking. We’re all about sharing the joy of making and wave-sliding, so we also invite you to join us at our workshop above Porthtowan to “Build-Your-Own” surfboard, bellyboard or handplane under our expert tutelage.
- Elm Farm Bike Hire in Nancekuke The Coast to Coast cycle trail runs for 11 miles from the lovely coastal village of Portreath to Devoran, alongside the stunning Restronguet Creek, and is almost entirely on purpose built cycle paths or quiet country lanes. Our cycle hire offers a wide range of cycles for all ages including mountain bikes, hybrids, tag-a-longs, kiddie trailers. dog trailers, child seats and tandems.
All hires come with FREE helmets, toolkits, locks, maps, and pumps.
Contact: 01209 891498
Walking and Running
- St Agnes Heritage Trail – ten walks in an around St Agnes to Porthtowan
- Walk 3 – Porthtowan, Banns Vale, Mount Hawke and Chapel Porth
- South west coast path