You are here:Home›Porthtowan lifeguards rescue bodyboarder…
Porthtowan lifeguards rescue bodyboarder…
A bodyboarder was being dragged towards rocks by a strong current at Porthtowan beach in Cornwall was rescued by lifeguards Adam Bunt and Kian Harris. They launched their inshore rescue boat and rescued bodyboarder and took him back to the beach.
1. Dogs are allowed on Porthtowan Beach between 1st October and 14th May.
2. Dogs are NOT allowed on Porthtowan Beach between 10am and 6pm from 15th May to 30th September.
3. People who break the rule are subject to fines of up to £1000. There is a dog control order in place irrespective of Blue Flag status.
4. Guide dogs are exempt from this restriction.
5. Dogs are welcome in the village and some bars, on the dune and along coastal footpaths but not the actual beach. Please be responsible and use dog bins provided.